July 24, 2017

Kileleshwa Project X party cancelled

By Jude Titus

The controversial party dubbed ‘Project X’ that was to take place on Saturday March 12, 2016 in Kileleshwa estate has been banned.

The Kenya Film Classification Board [KFCB] CEO Ezekiel Mutua has said that the cancellation of the party was because of its intended purpose which was to promote irresponsible sexual behavior as well as other immoral activities among young people in the country.

‘‘Owing to immense public pressure and collective efforts by the Kenya Film Classification Board, security agencies, political and religious leaders as well as Kenyans of goodwill, we are happy to report that the so called ‘Project X’ that had been highly publicized to take place on Saturday March 12, 2016 has been cancelled,’’ Mutua indicated.

Speaking in his office at Uchumi House, the CEO said that pornography is becoming a norm in Kenya today and drunken young people are targeted by being filmed without their knowledge and the videos and images sold in other nations.

Earlier on, police had put planners of the party on notice saying that any illegalities committed would be dealt with according to the law which is very clear.

‘‘We are taking action aimed at establishing what the organizers are planning. We will not allow events where illegalities are committed,’’ a statement from the police read.

The controversial party was slated for March 12, at an undisclosed location in Nairobi’s leafy suburb Kileleshwa estate.

The organizers of the controversial party had turned a deaf ear to the warnings and insisted that the event was going to go on as planned despite opposition from KFCB and the public at large.

They also accused the media fraternity for negative publicity and reporting the news of the event out of context.

‘‘It is very saddening that the media has portrayed the event Project X in a manner that is wanting, branding the event as a sex party,’’ the event organizers said in a statement circulating on different social networks.

Other leaders have also come out to oppose the party and urged young people not to attend. Speaking in Nakuru town, Nakuru County nominated Senator, Paul Njoroge termed the event as ‘crazy’ and urged parents and guardians not to allow their children to attend the gross event.

On Monday, Njoroge called upon the police Inspector General Joseph Boinnet to immediately stop issuance of the permit to the party, saying it is not fit for teenagers.

Related posts